Organize an event or a fund raising activity
During the past year, many individuals, students and businesses supported CECI by dedicating their efforts to serve our mission.
Let your imagination and creative ideas flow while hosting one or more events for CECI, including:
- A sports event, like a race, a walk, a golf or soft ball tournament, or a friendly game of hockey.
- A show, a concert, a dance party, a bowling tournament, a barbecue, a spaghetti supper.
- A garage sale, auction, carwash, a bingo or a draw.
We ask you to fill out the form below. Sandrine Guillot (firstname.lastname@example.org - (514) 875-9911 (514) 875-9911 ext. 327) will contact you shortly to discuss it. Thank you in advance for your participation and we wish you great success!
Procedure to follow for the organization of a fund raising activity
1 - Make sure CECI approves your activity
To do so, please fill out the form below. Sandrine Guillot will contact you and guide you through the required steps.
2 - Create an organizing committee for the event
Surround yourself with enthusiastic people available to organize all aspects of your event. Remember to get plenty of volunteers to help with all tasks related to your activity.
3 - Have a clear objective
Sandrine Guillot will help you set a realistic and easily measured financial goal for the type of activity you want to organize.
4 - Choose a suitable activity
Aim for a project that can be suitable for your committee members both for their availability and their abilities.
5. Fix a date for the event.
Choose a date that suits everybody in terms of availability.
6. Prepare a budget.
The goal is to reduce activity costs to a minimum and collect as much money for CECI.
7. Promote your activity.
Once CECI gives you the green light to organize a fundraiser, you can use our logo. However, you must submit your promotional materials for approval before it is printed or sent out to the public. We can mention your activity on our website and advertise it through our newsletter. We will also provide a CECI banner if your activity could use one. We can also provide a donation box and tax receipts forms.
8. Collecting the funds
Once your event is finished, the profits must be paid to CECI within 30 days. In accordance with the law, tax receipts must be provided within four weeks.
Thank everyone who contributed to the success of your event. Remember to let them know the amounts collected and the success of your event.
Support offered to the organization of your event
What CECI can do to help you:
- Provide advice and support for organizing your fundraiser;
- Send a CECI representative to visit your event. However, because of busy schedules and the high number of events each year, we cannot guarantee this service if your event is held during a busy time for CECI. It is important to determine the date of your event in advance and with CECI if you would like a representative present for your event. Geographical considerations must be made as well;
- Hand out tax receipts when needed;
- Provide CECI advertising material (banner, posters, gift box, forms);
- Offer visibility on our Website;
- The use the CECI logo and name. We must approve all promotional materials where our name and logo appear;
- Provide a letter proving partnership which binds CECI to your event.
CECI cannot do:
Tax laws allow companies to deduct the value of donations from their taxable income, up to 75% of their net income, to a recognized charity during a year both federally and provincially. When companies cannot deduct all the donations they have made over a year because they exceed the maximum allowed, the balance may be deferred during the subsequent five years (twenty years in Quebec).