Registration is Open for CECI’s Charity Challenge Race!
For the sixth consecutive year, CECI is taking part in Scotia Bank’s Charity Challenge race, on April 22 and 23 at Montreal’s Jean Drapeau Park. Here are five great reasons to register now:
- It’s for everyone!
The Charity Challenge is open to people of all ages, whether you’re a seasoned runner or a weekend warrior! You can even walk if you like! This year, there will be four routes, two of which are new:
- 21 km - run (starts Sunday at 9:00 a.m.)
- 10 km - run (starts Saturday at 9:00 a.m.), *new*
- 5 km - run, walk or walk with a stroller (starts Saturday at 11:00 a.m.)
- 500 m - Kids run, for children ages 2 to 13 (starts Saturday at 12:45 p.m.), *new*
Or you can just help fundraise if you can't make it to the event!
- It’s for a good cause!
Choose yours! Sign up for one of the four teams supporting these CECI programs:
- The Armande Bégin Fund team – for women’s empowerment in Mali
- The PAERIZ team – for women rice parboilers in Burkina Faso
- The JUPREC team – Justice, Prevention and Reconciliation for women and children in Mali
- The Uniterra team – for Uniterra projects in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas, in support of a more equal and inclusive world
- You can count on CECI to help you meet the Charity Challenge!
We will help guide your fundraising efforts. You’d be surprised at what you can accomplish! We’ll ask you to raise a minimum amount to cover the cost of your registration (21k: $65; 10k: $45; 5k: $35; 5k with stroller: $45; 500m: $20). After that, just set a realistic fundraising goal and we’ll help you reach it!
- You will make a real difference!
Last year, 92 people took part in the Charity Challenge and raised a whopping $73,000 for CECI’s programs! Every donation counts. Together, we can make a real difference.
- It’s a great experience!
Every year, our goal is to take the challenge one step further. The atmosphere is always fun and inviting. Here’s a look at what you can expect at the starting line: https://www.facebook.com/audrey.cadillonakl/videos/10156901757100523/.
A few first-hand stories:
- From the JUPREC team: https://www.facebook.com/cecicooperation/videos/1148629025155322/
- From the Uniterra team: https://www.facebook.com/cecicooperation/videos/1148625558489002/
- From the Armande Bégin Fund: https://www.facebook.com/cecicooperation/videos/1148623281822563/
- And from the youngest participant, a member of the PAERIZ team: https://www.facebook.com/cecicooperation/videos/1148630708488487/
Register online now! The Charity Challenge is attracting a growing number of organizations and participants, but spots are limited and fill up fast.
Questions? Email Stéphanie Rioux, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-875-9911, Ext. 221.